Menuflash

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Oscars 2014 Fashion: Best Dressed.

So I'm really late at putting this up but I thought better late than never right!? Now I know I'm no fashion expert but some fashion choices were erm... questionable... as always!. The majority of dresses seemed to either consist of too much material causing their dress to be unflattering.. (look up Angelina Jolie or Julia Roberts) however, it was these five stars that caught me eye!


BEST DRESSED:
3                                                               1                                                                   5                                                            4                                                           2
Photographs: Jason Merritt/Getty Images and  
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP

1. Lupita Nyong’o
Lupita- wearing prada- looks like a real life Disney princess! I absolutely love this baby blue colour and on her petite figure.. it is truly stunning. By far my favourite look from the Oscars as I had not expected a dress like this after Lupita's striking look at the Golden Globe Awards! 

 2. Jennifer Lawrence
Well what d'ya know... Jennifer Lawrence manages to still look stunning falling over on the red carpet.. again.. I think she's making it her 'thing'. She still managed to be a serious favourite look of mine from the Oscars this year in Dior because of that amazing, bright orange colour and the straight columned shape.

3. Amy Adams
plain, simple, beautiful...  effective and sophisticated. That's what I think when I look at the photographs of Amy Adams. There's nothing crazy going on.. no mad colours/ patterns or shapes. It fits her body perfectly and the navy colour complements her complexion and hair!  What more could you want at an event like the Oscars!?

4. Kate Hudson
I really wasn't sure whether I was impressed by Kate Hudson or not. I don't think I would like this dress at any other event or award show... Its definitely not for any normal Saturday night out to town obviously.. but for the Oscars I think it worked and she channelled old Hollywood glamour perfectly with the colour and I love the love neckline.

5. Calista Flockhart

Now this surprised me! I've never heard of Calista Flockhart however, I do recognise her face. I absolutely love this dress, especially on her! I think the shape and detailing is flawless and she looks so elegant. She might not be pushing any fashion boundaries but to me this is flawless. 

Do you agree with my top picks from the Oscars? I'd love to know what you thought of the Oscars fashion this year! 






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thank you! I'm still trying to sort out the layout of my blog :) Really impressed with yours!! What's your name on instagram?

    ReplyDelete